Welcome to Rose Restorations: Your Curator of Ancestral Memories
Rose Restorations is a personalized photo restoration service based in San Francisco and Berkeley, California. I'm Jason Rose - I work with a range of photo projects, from simple enhancement to complex photo retouching and restoration, as well as special projects such as photo collage. My expertise is drawn not only from 19+ years working with Adobe Photoshop, but also a background in oil painting, which lends itself to a subtle and artistic result rather than a "digital" looking one.
- Basic Photo Fixes ~ Contrast and color correction, remove red eye
- Removal of flaws (stains, folds, rips, cracks, mold, dust, silvering ~ sometimes appears in late 19th century photos - see before and after sample above)
- Photo Retouching ~ Reconstruction of missing areas, or badly damaged (including water damaged) areas
- Removal of unwanted elements in a photo (objects, as well as people!)
- Colorization of black and white photos
- Sepia toning of color photographs
- Correction of uneven fading
- Photo collage and Photo Family Trees ~ Collages can include heirlooms that my be scanned such as birth and wedding certificates, archival newspaper notices, fabrics, as well as old and recent pictures. Display your own unique family legacies, with your own personal touch. Photo collage or family tree photos can be a great gift idea for a wedding, anniversary gift photo, reunion, or 50th birthday.
My goal is to preserve the integrity of your photos, while enhancing the original spirit of the image.
I offer in-person consultations at your location (within the immediate SF/Berkeley/Oakland area) including consultation, pick up and delivery of your photos. All restorations include your custom restored photos archived to CD, and prints on premium photo paper (unless ordered online, in which case you may elect to have an attached copy emailed to you).
"Thank you so much again for the marvelous work restoring the childhood photo of my brother and me ...
You are an artist and your customer service is outstanding."
C.C., Oakland, 2/6/2012
I've always been fascinated by history, geneology and photography - I'm also aware of the personal meaning that photographs have for people. A restored photo allows people to see departed loved ones again, ourselves at different stages of life, or ancestors we've never met but feel a connection to. Enhanced photos can take on new meaning, greater significance and initiate recalled memories - one may notice new details such as facial expressions, or the background settings in which people lived. One reason I love what I do is that every job is a different challenge and calls for a unique solution. There is a therapeutic aspect to my work in that I am both healing a photo and creating a new possibility for connection with one's past.